Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including supporting of manufacturing lines ( equipment and process), root causing nonconforming product, and monitoring line performance relative to goals. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments. Monitor yield and implement yield improvement initiatives in the line.
- Observes and complies with all safety rules and regulations. This includes Quality Systems (QS) and ISO Standards.
- Provide technical service under the direction of others.
- Identifies and implements corrective actions for manufacturing and/or yield related issues.
- Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Evaluate operating data to conduct online adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment. May develop or revise documents and procedures. Maintain documentation, monitoring logs, training manuals, etc. for regulatory compliance.
- Certifies manufacturing associates in the production processes.
- Evaluates and orders necessary equipment, tools and fixtures.
- Performs equipment setup as necessary. Daily monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned systems. Participate and/or assist engineers in the design of process equipment or systems for optimum performance, installation, startup, or execution of a project or task as well as the maintenance of a program.
- Exchanges information with project team members, designers, management, and other engineering or production personnel. Delivers recommendations and suggestions to project team members and management within the department. Assist in the startup of new and troubleshoot existing facilities/equipment to ensure optimal operation and performance. Assist in the implementation of long term projects to maintain efficiency.
- Four (4) years or more of related work experience as a technician working in engineering, maintenance, process and/or operational areas regulated by the federal government.
- Previous experience as Engineering Tech I preferred. Also can consider an equivalent combination of education and technical work experience.