Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats
Our location in Sylmar, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Engineer II, Mechanical . Use multidisciplinary engineering knowledge to contribute to a team designing and developing innovative medical devices or components/subsystems in support of company's strategic plan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design sub-assemblies to meet broad design goals, establish requirements and specifications.
- Use empirical, numerical and experimental analysis to analyze designs.
- Develop and validate test methods and models.
- Identify and mitigate sub-assembly risks.
- Support invention disclosures.
- Work with internal departments and external vendors to obtain prototype parts and to understand their capabilities and limitations.
- Support pre-clinical and clinical testing of devices.
- Support design reviews and physician visits.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the developing clinical environment (i.e. current and emerging treatment methods, evolving clinical needs etc.).
- Gain a detailed understanding of the quality and regulatory requirements of Abbott, FDA and ISO regulations, managing projects within these requirements.
- Gain a detailed understanding of overall scheduling, managing time and tasks within a defined schedule.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) Mechanical or Biomedical engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum 3 years work experience in the following:
- Experience in product design and testing, medical device experience preferred.
- Experience with a wide variety of manufacturing processes.
- Solidworks/Creo or other CAD experience required. Analytical design, Design for Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing, or similar tool set preferred.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast paced changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Publish test protocols and reports, specifications, mechanical drawings and other types of documentation required to support design analysis and design decision making.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner. Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as an attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to travel including internationally.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- Experience working and interacting with production personel to create functional prototypes or physical products.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
DIVISION:CRM Cardiac Rhythm Management
LOCATION:United States > Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf