At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 130 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 107,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 160 countries we serve.
Abbott Point of Care is a worldwide leader in providing with-patient care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT® System family of with-patient products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving operational performance. We are headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with more than 1,500 global employees and a presence in 84 countries. Our 46,500 square meter, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, Abbott Point of Care, is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The engineer will join a dynamic and energetic team responsible for proactively improving product performance through our tracking and trending process. Additionally, the role will interact with different functional groups in order to investigate and correct product deficiencies as well as customer complaints in a collaborative manner.
Other responsibilities include:
• Directly contribute to our continuous improvement as an engineering resource on cross functional project teams
• Design and execute experiments and analyze data to drive to root cause.
• Collaborate with a dynamic team including project, process, quality and R&D leads
• Develop and deliver communications in and outside our functional group
Required Skills and Education:
As an ideal candidate for this position, you will bring the following education, skills and experience to the position:
• Diploma or degree in science or engineering or equivalent.
• 0-3 years relevant experience in manufacturing.
• Experience in chemistry / electrochemistry or biochemistry is an asset.
• Experience with GMP and in working in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is an asset.
• Advanced and problem solving skills: experience with statistics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player; show initiative
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.