Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
- We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Direct Sales Representative. The Sales Rep calls on physicians, medical laboratories, distributors, and hospitals to sell a variety of Abbott/USD medical devices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Services accounts, suggests and presents new products, and takes orders. As appropriate, the Sales Rep assists marketing personnel on advertising and promotional sales strategies. Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company's products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
- Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
- Insures that all pertinent patient information (Patient Registration Form) is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
- Responsible for the management of physical inventory located within assigned territory.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
- Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
- May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott's marketplace success:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and typically four plus years of progressively more responsible sales experience, including experience with medical devices.
- Working knowledge of domestic regulations relative to the medical device industry.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; ability to work with and direct others effectively; ability to prepare and present strong written and verbal communications; and familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures.
- Documented record of delivering sales/marketing information which adds value to management's decision making process.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, physicians, hospital administrators, government agencies, medical groups, and other sales representatives.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills. Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and relevant applications. Your preferred qualifications and education:
- An advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration. - Professional certification or designation.
- A comprehensive understanding of cardiac rhythm management technology.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf