Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Design Assurance Engineer II assures new or modified products conform to requirements and establish compliance with the quality system. They are responsible for maintaining a strong collaborative partnership with cross-functional team members that facilitates organizational success by protecting patient/user safety and meeting business needs.
- Execute and support on-time completion of Design Control Deliverables
- Support on-time execution of Quality Plans for internal development, OEM-based, Clinical Product Development (CPDP), and design change projects
- Accountable for Design Verification and Validation planning & execution, statistical analysis, including active cross-functional root-cause analysis investigation & resolution activities
- Lead or support Risk Management activities from product Concept through Commercialization
- Support design test and inspection method development, and lead method validation activities
- Ensure DHF content completion, integrity, and regulatory & standards compliance; collaboratively communicating & resolving gaps
- Support manufacturing process development & qualification for new product commercialization and product changes
- Support internal & external audit responses
- Support product re-certifications
- Support the establishment of objective, measurable, discrete, and verifiable customer and product requirements
- Support objective component specification definitions, supplied component sampling plan development, and vendor qualifications
- Support execution of biocompatibility and sterilization qualifications
- Complete Document Change Request Reviews in a timely and objective manner
- Additional duties may be identified by functional management based on the current project/business objectives.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor level degree in Engineering or Technical Field
- 2-5 years experience
- Previous Quality engineering experience and demonstrated use of Quality tools/methodologies
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Prior medical device experience preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer / Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Working understanding of FDA, GMP, and ISO 13485
- Working understanding of the following standards 60601, 62304, &/or 14971
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
DIVISION:EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Tech Center : One St Jude Medical Drive
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf