Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our plant in Fairfield, California, is Abbott’s only manufacturing plant that makes its Zone Perfect and Glucerna nutrition bars, with 180 million bars produced annually. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 210 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Troubleshoot and maintain PLCs and variable speed drives controlling high speed production equipment and batch processes.
- Hands on programming and troubleshooting skills are a must (Rockwell experience preferred)
- Signals/Networking - network types, grounding, calculations, protocols, and design
- Control Elements - valves, pressure devices, motor controls, solenoids, regulators, etc.
- Control Systems - drawings, theory (basic processes, control, PID, discrete, sequential); implementation (HMI, PLC, installation, network, testing)
- Install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
- Work in a team or autonomously to complete work orders and provide maintenance/electrical support.
- Interpret schematics and equipment manuals.
- Analyze process data and make decisions on equipment maintenance and improvement activities.
- Must be computer literate for proficient operation of the Maintenance Management System and spare parts documentation.
- Follow factory and department safety rules
- Lead process improvements and initiate change
- Team with Engineering Department for internal projects
You’ll also be accountable for providing excellent customer service to the production teams and meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years of experience in electrical/mechanical machine troubleshooting, experience with computers, reading blueprints and schematics
- Good communication skills and prioritization skills are required
- Effectively communicate daily issues through documentation, area log books, electronic pass down and verbal communication with peers
- Technical certifications or Associates Degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.