Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Status : Temporary, Full Time (12 months)
Territory : Ontario
· Operates as primary account management contact with customer account; with a focus to improve economic profitability; increase customer loyalty; secure retention; and drive value expansion.
· Be the representative of Abbott and the ADD brand to the customer with emphasis on laboratory management. Will interact with Acquisition and Sales Specialist teams; Value Expansion Representative; Area/ Regional Marketing; Customer Support Center and Technical Service; Finance. This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions.
· Accomplishes results individually; working remotely and in collaboration on teams and work groups.
· Makes decision on reagent utilization on integrations and troubleshooting product replacement that impacts annual supply budget of approximately $2.5-5.0MM for US. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision making. Acts as trusting partner and resourceful advocate to existing customers
· Drive Continuous Improvement Process with our current and future customers by utilizing Business Analytics platform for identifying insights from BI tool and data from Laboratory Information System, helping customer identify Operational optimization initiatives in their Lab and actively participate in implementing and measuring outcomes through AlinIQ Solutions
· Uses and contributes to data integrity of CRM Software (Salesforce.com) database of customer contacts and interactions, and use it daily to achieve sales effectiveness
· Exhibits high level of integrity; honesty; keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers.
· Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact.
· Adheres to safety guidelines; policies; procedures.
Main weekly tasks fall into 4 categories:
RETENTION RATE :
•Ensure instrument analytical turnaround time (Escalations related to uptime/repair/maintenance)
•Conduct Quarterly customer business review (Commercial and Service KPI reviews)
•Negotiate and define Service and Reagent contract Extensions and renewals for CC/IA and Hematology instruments and AlinIQ Solutions
•Manage customer relationship and thoroughly plan; prepare and follow up customer visits (pre-call plan; post-call notes)
•Identify customer training requirements
•Replenish and control inventory
•Build image and brand in eyes of customer
•“Sell” or reinforce Abbott’s total solution value offering
•Collect and transmit VOC (Voice of Customer)
•Creates account specific strategies to retain and grow the business
VALUE CREATION AND EXPANSION :
•Drive menu expansion and Value creation (utilization of existing products; new product and new assay applications) based on Menu gap analysis and Instruments Utilization Analysis
•Free of charge control
•Lifecycle management of product
•Order and CPR management
•Contract Life Cycle and Volume commitment Compliance
•Supports lab implementations - works with the team to manage new installations including arranging site surveys, ordering instruments, UPS’s, arranging water supply, interfacing, Abbottlink connection and organizing training
• Attend Relevant trade Associations meetings, conferences and tradeshows
BUILD PROMOTERS :
•Build customer loyalty and drive up NPS Score through Follow up and improvement (hot sheets)
•Management of inter-client relationships
•Proactive monitoring and communication via AbbottLink
•Carry out lunchtime meetings to demonstrate educational materials and web-based learning about new or existing Abbott solutions, engaging with all grades of lab staff
SYSTEMS & TOOL MANAGEMENT :
•Aforce use and maintenance (CRM), Power BI Sales Performance Metrics
Required Education and Experience:
· Completed Bachelor’s degree is required in Life Sciences/Microbiology/Engineering (Biomedical/Electrical/Mechanical) Medical Technology or Commercial is preferred.
· 2 to 3 years of experience working in a laboratory environment performing diagnostics tasks in Chemistry, Pathology, Microbiology or Blood Bank.
· 4+ years of experience performing sales duties including calling on Health Care Professionals/Medical Lab Technologists to achieve sales targets.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support. (Preferred)
· Experience interfacing with customers
· Strong people management and communication skills
· Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
· Computer skills (word, excel, power point, internet savvy)
· Shows ability to prioritize independently
· Negotiation skills
· Sales techniques and sales cycles.
· Commitment to customers needs by listening and translating into action items
· Customer Service-minded
· Customer centric
· In depth understanding of the Diagnostics laboratory environment including process workflow, equipment maintenance, quality control, result Validation and operations.
· Good understanding of the purchasing process in their territory / province (Group Purchasing Organizations, government approval processes, budget approvals, etc).
· Sales process knowledge and Account management experience. Value expansion principle of current installed base understanding.
· Anticipates, identifies and meets internal and external customer needs and requests; negates and Resolves Conflicts; maintains a professional demeanor, even under stressful conditions.
· Displays effective oral and written communication to accomplish business goals and foster building customer rapport and relationships
· Effectively Manages Time; Prioritizes tasks and defines tasks necessary to meet goals; Organizes own activities and time to complete multi-faceted tasks and assignments; Manages daily workload related to call documentation
Join Our Talent Community to learn about upcoming job opportunities or connect with us at Abbott Canada , on LinkedIn , on Facebook and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @Abbott Global.
Canada > Ontario : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: